- Category: Infrastructure
- Published: Tuesday, 17 August 2010 21:32
- Written by H2O
- Hits: 2457
ITM Power has been busy lining up partners to trial it's HFuel high pressure refuelling unit. The device is set to be ITM's flagship product and will bring rapid refuelling to standard road vehicles that have been converted to run on Hydrogen. The basic specification for HFuel looks very impressive, although the real proof is in the pudding as they say. The HFuel unit is expected to be launched at ITM Power's AGM and open day on the 15th September 2010.
Naturally the unit would not be much use without a hydrogen vehicle to use - this is where ITM's previous relationship with Revolve comes into play. Revolve have converted a number of Ford Transit Vans to run on hydrogen and will be providing two units for use in the trials.
The Hydrogen On Site Trials (HOST) are planned to begin in 2011. The format is a 1 week free trial of the HFuel unit and two HICE Ford Transits, with the option of leasing the units for an additional week(s). The demonstrations will be 100% managed and operated by ITM Power personnel, in liaison with site owners' operations and management
If the trials are a success then we may start to see more mass-produced hydrogen vehicles hitting the road. There is currently no pricing available for the HFuel unit but general sentiment seems to dictate that it will be cheaper than anything else that the market has to offer at the moment.
- Containerised refuelling station for hydrogen vehicles
- 15Kg/day rapid cascade refuelling at 350bar
- Requires onsite water and electricity (can be renewable electricity)
- Flexible, Modular and Transportable
- Targeted at the urban commercial fleet market
- Suitable for Fuel Cell or HICE vehicles
- Future units to be availalbe in different sizes and pressures
Current registered HOST participants:
The Forestry commission
London Stanstead airport